I challenge you to make a home cooked meal tomorrow.
Summer is a time of running around & hurrying to get our kids from one thing to another but family time, around the same table is SO important.
I’m planning on preparing a green salad with spaghetti squash and sauce with peppers & Italian sausage. (Recipe below)
Feeds family of 4-6:
- Spaghetti squash (4 lb)
- 2 T Olive oil
- Jar of spaghetti sauce – your favorite (24 oz)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, sweet or spicy, removed from casing
- 2 c chopped pepper
- 1 c chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven 400, split squash in half and remove seeds. Drizzle cut side with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place cut side down in baking pan with enough water to coat the bottom. Set timer for 50 minutes. The squash is done when it can be fluffed and the skin comes off easily.
- While the squash is in the oven, brown sausage and drain fat
- Add peppers and chopped onion until tender
- Add sauce and sausage into one pan to heat through.
- Add garlic & seasonings. Simmer on low until squash is done.
- Once squash has cooled, fluff with a fork – it should be soft and not crunchy & look like noodles.
- Serve squash with meat sauce on top. Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese if you prefer.